When will we have more information?
China announced on March 24 that a lockdown would be lifted on more than 50 million people in central Hubei province where the coronavirus first emerged late last year. Hubei province ordered a shutdown in January but has been gradually easing the rules and permitting people to move about within Hubei and return to work. People who wish to travel in or out of Hubei or Wuhan will be able to as long as they have a "green" health code issued by authorities. Passengers are not allowed to transit or enter China with the exception of Chinese nationals or arrivals with a Hong Kong passport. On March 26, China announced that it was temporarily banning the entry of most foreign nationals, excluding diplomatic workers, in an effort to curb the number of imported cases of the coronavirus. The foreign ministry said that even foreign citizens with residence permits will be prevented from entering starting on March 28. It said foreign citizens coming to China for "necessary economic, trade, scientific or technological activities or out of emergency humanitarian needs" can still apply for visas. In January, China stepped up measures to deal with cases from overseas, with Beijing and other regions forcing international arrivals to go into a 14-day quarantine. The civil aviation ministry also limited passenger numbers on inbound international flights. Credit: Al Jazeera